Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Recovering


I took Dakota to play group/storytime last week to try and get some social interaction not only for him, but for me as well. At the first storytime on Tuesday he just wasn't his usual outgoing self! He clung to me the whole time and wouldn't even participate in the songs. I found this really odd since normally he loves to dance and sing and play with other children. I decided to take him to a Toddler Time the next day to help break him out of his shell. He did better this time and somewhat interacted with the other children. I think after a few more visits he will be really into it, but that's not the main focus of this post. 
While watching him play, there was one point where I saw him grab a block and almost as if in slow motion, I saw him bring it up to his mouth and in it went. In my head I was screaming 'NOOOOOOO!' I knew then and there....We were in trouble.
A couple of days later, there he was, waking up with snot all over his upper lip (I apologize for the mental image), watery eyes, and a cough. I knew it was coming, and there was nothing I could do about it. So I comforted my sick baby and tried to keep my other one as far away from him as possible. All while downing my Emergen-C, washing my hands every 2 seconds, and telling myself "DON'T GET SICK. You CANNOT get sick! You WILL NOT get sick!" Despite my best efforts, the next morning I woke up with a stuffy, runny nose, tired achy muscles, and a very sore throat. The next thing I knew, Levi's tiny little nose was getting stuffy...(Breastmilk worked wonders to help clear him up!)
5 days later we are all almost back to normal. I'm hoping this was a one-time ordeal and that now that we have built up our immune systems so that the next Toddler Time won't cause anything like this again. In the meantime I'll be teaching Koda not to put blocks in his mouth. ugh.
My one question?
How did my husband manage to get out of this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment