Friday, December 12, 2014

Review: Old Factory Candles

My husband and I absolutely love candles. We get new ones for every season and love trying out new brands. I recently had an opportunity to try out a new brand called Old Factory Candle. They are made out of natural soy wax and 'burn clean' and have self trimming wicks. I was able to choose one set from all of these great options:
Fall Harvest
Pumpkin Spice
Cranberry
Autumn Leaves

Happy Holidays
Christmas Tree
Candy Cane
Gingerbread

Winter Wonderland
Hot Cocoa
Roasted Chestnut
First Snow

Romance
Rose Petals
Champagne
Dark Chocolate

Fresh & Clean
Lemongrass
Olive Blossom
Fresh Linen

Spa Day
Cucumber
Lemongrass
Green Tea

Vacation
Sea Breeze
Hawaiian Lei
Awapuhi

Coffee Shop
Coffee Bean
Hazelnut
Chai Tea

Man Cave
Straight Razor
Leather
Mahogany

High as a Kite
Cannabis
Incense
Bag O' Cookies

New Born Baby
Baby Powder
Baby Shampoo
First Blanket

50 Shades
Leather
Vanilla ***
Jasmine Bubbles


Since we are in the Christmas season I went with the Happy Holidays set. When I received my candles I was really impressed with the packaging. They were tiny candles but they were in glass containers with metal lids and came in a nice, sturdy cardboard box that separated the candles from one another. When I smelled them cold they all smelled nice but not very strong. I tried the peppermint first because it was my favorite of the 3. I burned it in a rather large room so I couldn't smell it very strong. My husband could smell it when he came home from work though, and he didn't care for it. It had a burn time of about 10 hours or so and did burn clean. I had no problems with smoke at all. Next we tried the gingerbread which, again was not very strong but smelled nice. Sweet and spicy. My husband didn't complain about this one. The Christmas Tree scent was the strongest of the 3 and was very pleasant. Earthy and festive.
Overall I would say this is a good product. I think it would make a nice secret santa gift or stocking stuffer but they would definitely work best in smaller rooms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment