Thursday, November 27, 2014

Our (Untraditional) Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
This year, Thanksgiving is quite different for us. We were expecting to be in our own house by now but, unfortunately that just didn't happen and we are still waiting to close. So where does that leave us? In a hotel.
We would have loved to just go back to our home town to be with our families but Zach has to work and is also on call so, that wasn't possible.
This is all sounding really whiny so far but, I do not want it to come across that way!
I am so very grateful that we have a place to stay at all and I am especially grateful that, even though this Thanksgiving isn't what we had hoped it would be, we are still going to be able to be together this evening which is what matters most. This is the 4th Thanksgiving since Zach and I have been married but it will only be our 2nd of actually getting to be together. I would trade the turkey, stuffing, and trimmings every year if it meant that we could all be together.
Tonight, after Zach gets home from work, we will all head out and get some dinner at Applebees (the only place around here that is open on Thanksgiving besides McDonald's). When we are finally able to get into our own house, I plan on having our friends over and making a big traditional Turkey Day dinner because, I'll be honest, I want the amazing side dishes and pies! Haha! I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving!

Have you ever spent a holiday doing something untraditional? Leave a comment telling me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment